Let's be honest. You spend a great deal of time in your bathroom everyday from brushing your teeth to sitting on the pooper. It doesn't matter if you're taking a shower or getting something from the medicine cabinet, your bathroom is a major part of your day. Here are five easy bathroom hacks that you'll enjoy:
1. Eliminate rust stains from metal cans: If you're like most people, you probably use shaving cream. Shaving cream cans are notorious for leaving rust stains wherever they're left. Rust stains can often be found on bathroom countertops and bathtub rims. One simple way to avoid the ugly stains from making their mark is by painting the bottoms of shaving cream cans with clear nail polish. This hack is easy and gets the job done.
2. Clean your bathroom fan: Hack #2 helps reduce allergens and also increases the effectiveness of your fan. Take a couple minutes every 2-3 weeks to clean your bathroom fan. To clean it, use a feather duster or a micro-fiber cloth to clean off dust and debris. As air flow increases, the chances of mold and mildew growing in your bathroom is reduced.
3. Lazy Susan: Is it difficult to reach all of your cleaning items under your bathroom sink? Put in a Lazy Susan. With your cleaning items on a Lazy Susan, all you have to do is rotate the Lazy Susan to get the items in the back. Say goodbye to having to pull out every bottle and sponge in the front of the space beneath your bathroom sink just to get that one container in the back.
(Image credit: House Beautiful)
4. Micro-fiber cloth for the win: Micro-fiber cloth is one of the most underrated cleaning tools in your arsenal. Use micro-fiber cloth to add a little extra shine to your chrome finishes and wipe down window sills. Shower wall residue can be easily wiped off with the help of micro-fiber cloths. If the micro-fiber cloth you're using gets too wet, wring it out as much as possible to get rid of excess moisture.
5. A few drops of EO: The use of essential oils is growing. A few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil in the shower can help reduce undesirable odors. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil in your trash can before you add a new liner. It will keep things fresh in your bathroom.
What's your favorite bathroom hack? Share with us in the comments below!
As seen on ABC’s Shark Tank, the IllumiBowl is a night light for the toilet that is activated by motion and very popular with seniors and with families potty training their toddler. It is provided with 3 AAA batteries and is easily attachable to your toilet seat. Who doesn’t love a glowing toilet?