Fresh. Flowers. Warmer weather.
What words come to mind when you think of spring? How about spring cleaning? We've compiled a few tips to help you get your house in order in time for spring and happier weather.
1. Use dryer sheets to clean your baseboards
Did you know that you can use dryer sheets to get rid of dust and freshen up your baseboards? Simply take a dryer sheet wipe down your baseboards. It may even be effective than using a vacuum to get the narrow crevices that are typically hard to get. Once you're done, your baseboards will be clean and smell like your freshly washed laundry.
2. Stick your sponges in the microwave for two minutes
No, you're not cooking your sponges. Soak your sponges in water then put them in the microwave with a small container of water. Putting your sponges in the microwave for two minute will kill most of the bacteria and get rid of any odors.
3. Freshen up your shower drain and sink drain
Clogged shower and sink drains can mean a disgusting odor for days. Here's a natural homemade drain cleaner recipe that only calls for baking and white vinegar:
- Pour 1.5 cups of regular baking soda down the affected drain.
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar immediately after pouring baking soda down the drain.
- Cover the drain with a plug or plate to keep the baking soda/white vinegar combo inside.
- Allow the natural cleaning solution to sit for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the plug/cover and run hot water through the pipes for 3-5 minutes.
Repeat if needed.
You can follow up your unclogging solution by adding a 5-7 drops of your favorite essential oil to improve the smell of your bathroom drains.
Follow us on Pinterest for the latest bathroom cleaning hacks by visiting this link!
As seen on ABC's Shark Tank, IllumiBowl is a motion-activated toilet night light making life easier for potty training kids.