Lemon is popular, powerful citrus with a wonderful scent and excellent cleaning properties. Its cleaning properties will help you accomplish your bathroom cleaning goals while ensuring that you limit the number of potentially harmful chemicals in your home.
Here are three ways you can use lemon to help you clean your bathroom:
1. Eliminate your hard water stains on metal fixtures
Lemon's natural acidity can help you get rid of the hard water stains on your bathroom's metal fixtures. Simply cut a lemon in half then rub the inner-flesh of the lemon on the hard water stains in your bathroom. Allow for 30-60 seconds so the lemon juice can break down the stains dry off the lemon juice with a clean cloth.
2. Get rid of soap scum on your shower tile
Are you frustrated with the stubborn soap scum on your shower tile? Rub a cut lemon on the shower tile till all of the affected area is covered in lemon juice. It'll also break down dirt and kill bacteria.
To help maintain the cleanliness of your shower, be sure to clean your shower tile at least once a week.
3. Freshen up your bathroom sink drain with this combination
If your bathroom sink drain has an unpleasant odor, try this little trick:
- Pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain
- Pour a cup of hot lemon juice
- Allow the combination to take its course for 2-3 minutes
- After the 2-3 minutes is up, run hot water for 30-60 seconds
How do you use lemon in your everyday cleaning? For more cleaning tips like this, follow us on Pinterest or visit our bathroom tips blog for more! As seen on ABC's Shark Tank, IllumiBowl is a motion-activated toilet night light.