Potty training can be a fun journey you take with your child to help him/her graduate from diapers to regular underwear. The process of potty training definitely has its ups and downs but does not have to stay down when things get tough. Here are a few ways to make potty training fun for you and your kid:
Jokes lead to smiles
One of the secrets to not successful potty training is not taking yourself too seriously. Here are four jokes that are sure to bring a smile to your face:
- For every toddler you see entering a public bathroom, there's a parent yelling, "Don't touch that!"
- When is a fart a surprise? When it has a lump in it.
- What was Tigger looking in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh.
- What do you call the little kid that fills the diaper during a birthday party? A party pooper.
Quality time really works
If you have not been working on strengthening your relationship with your potty training child, progress may be more difficult than needed. Bonding time is effective because it helps develop trust with your kid. Trust will help your kid listen to your advice and know what you hope to accomplish. Here are three things you can do with your kid:
- Trip to the park: A quick trip to the park is a fun way to bond with your kid. Ride the swings with your kid and even party it up on the seesaw. It's a good way to increase overall laughter with your child.
- Beach visit: Some time in the sun and hanging out in the salt spray is good for the mind and body. Depending on how warm it is, you can go body boarding with your kid or fishing. Have fun and enjoy your time with your potty training kid.
- Museum exploration: Go check out the dinosaur exhibit downtown! Or even a kid's museum with interactive displays your kid can take advantage of. It's a fun way to explore and learn more about the world around you.
How do you make potty training fun for you and your kid? Let us know in the comments below!
As seen on ABC's Shark Tank, the IllumiBowl is a motion-activated toilet night light popular among potty training families and senior citizens. The IllumiBowl makes your toilet glow in order to make late night trips to the bathroom safe and easy. It's powered by three AAA batteries and attaches easily to any toilet seat. This popular product is toilet technology at its best. Who doesn't love a glowing toilet?